Want to find the fastest DNS server? Well, today I am back with 3 best DNS testing tools find a fast and reliable DNS server. Every website you access on the Internet has an IP address.
It is difficult to remember the IP addresses of all the sites you want to access, so we go to the site by entering its domain name or host name. DNS (domain name system) is just a database set that translates hostnames into IP addresses.
For surfing the internet, the default DNS server is provided by Internet service provider. Most people use the default DNS servers provided by your ISP.
But for greater security, connectivity, and reliability, it is recommended that you select the correct DNS server according to your choice and need. Using overloaded or an unreliable DNS server will significantly slow down your use of the Internet. I also shared these best Rainmeter skins for Windows.
Also read: 7 Best Windows Firewall
3 best DNS comparison tools
You can choose the perfect DNS from OpenDNS or Google Public DNS. But you need to check the reliability, speed and security of the DNS server using the Benchmarking DNS tool.
The best DNS server will be selected depending on various factors, such as geographic location, Internet service provider, etc. It may be difficult to find the right tool for benchmarking, so we made a list best DNS comparison tools know the best DNS server.
1. DNS Benchmark
Developed by Gibson Research Corporation, DNS Benchmark is one of the best DNS comparison tools available on the Internet. It has a neat and simple user interface that can be easily used for beginners.
This utility provides its user with a detailed report on the DNS server, allowing the user to find a suitable DNS server. This tool shows the minimum answer time, average response time, maximum response time, reliability, and standard deviation of DNS servers.
DNS Benchmark is reliable software that professionals use. GNC's DNS Benchmark is a lightweight software. You can download and start using it without installation. It is compatible with Windows and can be used in Linux and MacOS using Wine (Windows Emulator).
It tests performance up to DNS servers, providing a comprehensive analysis of all servers. It can also check the security of DNS name servers and ensure DNSSEC (Domain Name System Security Extensions).
Supported OS: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8/7 / XP / Vista
How to use it?
- After downloading the tool, run it on your PC and click on "Name Servers" tab to select it.
- This tab has four sub-tabs: Name, Owner, Status and Response Time. Subtab determine the content of the third column. The contents of the first two columns are the IP address and status indicators, respectively.
- Then click on "Run the test" which will begin the process of benchmarking. It analyzes the 72 best DNS servers and offers to compare about 5,000 DNS servers.
- It will take several minutes to find the best server based on your geographic region and ISP.
- After completing the test, the tool will show a detailed analysis of the fastest and most reliable server.
- Click the Tab Data tab to check the cached name, uncached name, and DotCom search to get the best results. By clicking on the "Add / Remove" button, you can add the best DNS server.
This is a handy tool for people who care about speed and safety. DNS Benchmark is a free program, and you can download it from the official site.
2. DNS Jumper
Designed by Sordum, you can use DNS Jumper without installation. It is feature rich and one of the best DNS performance testing tools available for different platforms. It is a fairly easy-to-use tool, and beginners can easily use it.
DNS Jumper allows users to increase browsing speed and security by finding the perfect DNS for the user. Sordum is an open source developer and provides high quality Software for free.
It offers some incredible features like access to blocked sites., blocking sites with inappropriate content and more. It is considered one of the best tools to find the best DNS for your network.
The file size is less than 1 MB, which makes it quite easy. It has a neat and somewhat traditional graphical interface. He has a collection DNS servers available for different regions, making it suitable for devices around the world.
Supported OS: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8/7 / XP / Vista
How to use DNS Jumper?
- Download the tool and run it on your PC.
- Click on “Fastest DNS” to get started. DNS testingthat runs a task, which may take several minutes to complete.
- After the process is complete, the tool allocates the fastest DNS server available for the network. If you find the perfect DNS for your region, click Apply DNS Server.
- You can select the “Mixed” checkbox to select different DNS addresses for increased speed and reliability.
DNS Jumper allows you to login custom DNS servers and check response time. This allows you to create groups of DNS servers so that you can use them for different purposes.
Safety and speed are the top priority of the DNS Jumper and therefore allow you to block and unblock DNS servers. Unlike DNS Benchmark, this tool does not show graphic presentation analysis.
DNS Jumper is impressive comparison tool with useful features. It is worth giving a chance, as you are guaranteed to be satisfied with its effectiveness. You can download DNS Jumper at this link.
This software is considered one of the best and is one of the most reliable and oldest tools for testing DNS performance. Google made this tool under 20% of the project. This is an open source portable software that runs on Windows, Linux and OS X.
This tool compares DNS servers using browser history, tcpdump output, and provides the best results depending on your location. It is easy to use, offering a neat and simple graphical user interface.
Namebench includes DNS servers from Google Public DNS, Comodo Secure DNS, OpenDNS, UltraDNS, RoadRunner, and others. It packs a handful functions, including censorship checks, blocking and unlocking of DNS servers, detailed reports and graphs of the results, and much more.
You can change various settings and tune your location, data source check, health check, etc. It also allows you to enter the DNS server of your choice and include it in the test.
It also allows you to determine if your ISP passes your custom DNS server. Like DNS Benchmark and DNS Jumper, you can use this tool without installing it on your disk.
Supported OS: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8/7 / XP / Vista, Linux, OS X
How to use Namebench?
- Download Namebench and run the executable file. Enter the server in the Name Servers text box.
- It allows you to include global DNS providers, the best available regional DNS services, as well as censorship checks. Enter a value in the "Number of requests" and "Number of launches" of your choice.
- After completing all the necessary steps, click "Start the test. " You need to wait patiently, as it will take several minutes to complete this task.
- Upon completion, you will receive a detailed report on the results. The report will present the most reliable and fast server for your geographic region.
- The tool offers a graphical representation and an Excel sheet of the entire analysis. Namebench has problems with multiple networks and has limited configuration options.
This tool is suitable for users who want a detailed analysis of various DNS servers and is easy to use. With the exception of a few flaws, this tool is impressive and allows the user to select the fastest and most secure DNS server. You can download Namebench from this link.
Well, that was all for the best. DNS Benchmarking Tools for Windows, Linux and more. All the tools mentioned above are very similar in functionality and are pretty good at benchmarking DNS servers. If you are looking for software that will take up less storage space, check out the DNS Benchmark and DNS Jumper.
If you need a graphical representation of the results, select DNS Benchmark or Namebench. Here are some great DNS server selection tools worth mentioning: OpenDNS Homepage, Tweaking.com, QuickSetDNS and Smart DNS Changer. Check out these tools for better viewing and security.