The compressor adds power and flexibility to Final Cut Pro X export. Adjust output options, work faster with distributed coding, and connect to the full set of delivery functions.
Advanced Coding for Final Cut Pro
• Use Compressor to configure the encoding options available in Final Cut Pro.
• Choose from a wide range of codecs, sizes, frame rates and other parameters.
• Save your custom settings to Compressor; they automatically appear in Final Cut Pro
• Share settings with other editors, even if the Compressor is not installed on their workstations.
• Easily create an iTunes Store package to send to the iTunes Store.
Efficient coding process
• Fast work in a modern one-window interface with predefined destinations for common coding tasks
• Experiment freely with encoding options and zoom in on the viewer to view content with true pixel accuracy.
• Display and assign channels for QuickTime sound tracks before processing
• Setting up batch processes to optimize the coding of a large number of files.
• Create custom assignments for combining coding with tasks such as moving or copying files.
• Create stand-alone drops for coding on the desktop with easy drag and drop
• Support industry standards
• Encode to a wide range of standard formats such as MPEG-2, H.264 and ProRes.
• Use one-step settings for Apple devices and websites such as Vimeo, YouTube and Facebook.
• Work with a selection of thematic menus for encoding and burning a DVD or Blu-ray disc.
• Creating files for streaming over HTTP in one step
• Import Targa, DPX, TIFF, PSD or PNG image sequences and encode them in any setting.
• Click on advanced coding features to add subtitles, metadata and more.
Untouched format conversions
• Convert any file between formats – for example, NTSC to PAL or SD to HD
• Clean and customize your content using image filters, timecode overlay, and watermarks.
• Accelerate the video, slow it down or adjust the frame rate to match the execution time.
• Save time by sharing coding work across multiple workstations.
• Install Compressor on any Mac to activate it as a node for distributed coding
• Speed up coding in Final Cut Pro by selecting a group of shared computers to export
System requirements: OS X v10.10.4 or higher, 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended for 4K and 3D captions), an OpenCL compatible graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later, 256 MB VRAM (1 GB recommended for 4K and 3D captions), 1.25 GB of disk space.
Some features require internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray Disc Recorder is required to burn Blu-ray discs.